I never thought that riding a bus can be so perilous to one's brain...
Yes it is, you have to believe me!But I'm not talking about all kinds of buses, I'm talking of the ones with a TV on board!You want to know how it is so?Then read along...
I used to rent an apartment or a room close to work to avoid commuting everyday. It helps me save money and conserve my energy to channel it to more important tasks like playing PS2 and watching DVD's! Lolx!
But when I transferred to Makati, I decided to go back home for the meantime until I find a new apartment.
I usually have to report to work at 10 am, so I have to leave an hour and a half earlier (around 8:30) because the bus ride alone is an hours worth to my work area. My gauge for being late (or early) is not the time in my phone but the shows shown on the Bus TV. For a weird reason, the bus TVs are always on GMA so I base my arrival at work on their morning shows .
Here is the run down:
AM Telenovela - very early to work!!
Hamtaro - Still can buy Breakfast at Mc Do (sakto lang sa oras)
Pokemon - Just the right time (Sakto lang sa oras)
Jackie Chan - Just a wee bit late (una pa rin sa boss ko)
OK sounds beneficial eh, having a TV on board... but after Jackie Chan, the lobotomy begins. I discovered this one show specifically designed to"dumbify" humans. He he he, now I don't mean to sound rude, but anything that insults anyones intellect deserves a big bad ass bashing!
Yes, I'm talking about SIS! God!! What is this show supposed to be? Is it supposed to provide information to the viewers how to be a good mom, or a how to keep your house clean, or make women beautiful. Nope, None of the above!! Its just a no brainer show where GMA showcases their pool of stars, with three women (one of them shrieks like a cat on ecstasy) to guide the PR process.
I have tried so many times to find the logic of this show, since I have no choice when its on the Bus TV, and my earphones couldn't drown the voices of the hosts.
So as I said, I tried so hard to use my brain in watching the show, but to no avail. Now again I may sound harsh, but let me give you an example of one of their episodes:
Title: Magic at Pagkilig Panalo Ka Dyan - (OK, yeah, ahuh, like cool title, makes a lot of sense@#$!)
Concept: They invite GMA stars, 3 girls and 3 boys and partner them and pretend their actual lovers and so madly in love with each other (Oh By the way, they also did this on a number of episodes way back, like a hundred times before.My cat writes better concepts than this one).
- They open with a dance number, make each partner dance (to make them look stupid) something they rehearsed for 1 minute or two. Bwahahaha!
- The first activity for the guests (these stars will be their guest next week and the week after that...wow, very refreshing!) was the childhood game FLAMES. Yep the grade school game that determines if your Friends,Lovers,Angry,Married,Engaged and Something (I forgot this one). And while the stars where at it, Carmina kept on screaming in the background "ayyyyyyyyyyy, kinikilig ako!". Maybe she foresaw how lame that activity was and she had to channel the viewers attention to her shrieks.
- Here is the good part, the guy stars perform grade school magic tricks before the break and the girl kisses the guys cheek. Wow! Hence the title Magic at pagkilig, Amen!!
- Then a supposed psychic reads the future of these love teams based on their birthdays...need I say more?
-Finally, an activity where each star writes what similar things they like, and when they do agree on a particular item, they should kiss each other on the lips... Again Carmina shrieks in joy as the three hosts force these guests to kiss. At this point, I felt my brain ooze out my nose...
- Dance numbers are inserted after the break...This is designed to make the stars again, even more stupid...
- The guy stars perform their lame magic tricks before a break...
OK, now tell me, what did you learn from this episode.
Was it beneficial to the viewers?
Was it designed to purely entertain?
I really don't know but for me I learned that reporting late to work has its consequences, and that is you get to watch SIS.
I have to tell you, this experience on the bus is pure torture, given the fact that you cant do anything about it, you are at the mercy of stupidity!
To the writers of this show... hands down, you made me bleed my brain out...