I have never heard of the Watchmen before and naturally I have never read the Graphic Novel. So when I saw the trailer of the movie, I wasn't really hell bent in watching it. But after reading some good reviews from rotten tomatoes, I decided that it was about time that I finally got educated with the Watchmen.
Reading on the background of the lead characters was the first step, and I have to admit, it helped me to easily digest the movie in entirety.
In a nutshell,here are some things not to expect about this super hero movie (again, this is from a noob's perspective)
- Do not expect fancy effects or super hero origin stories
- Do not expect that it is going to be a happy ending for everyone (lol)
- Forget about the old super hero movies you have watched, this is entirely different
But, despite being the unconventional Super Hero/Comic Book movie, here are some things that makes this movie a MUST watch:
- This movie has a very Deep Storyline
- Interesting characters that you learn to love (and Hate)
- Everything tries to be grounded on reality (even character personalities)
- And fight scenes that really kicks butt!!
I wont post any direct spoilers, but again, I ain't no Watchmen fan, but this was by far one of the best movies I have seen this year. It was fun, dark and sexy in a neat little bloody package!!! Nyahahaha!
Oh and btw, get ready to be bombarded by Dr. Manhattan's Blue ding dong in the entire movie!!! Bwahahahaha!!
Anyway, this movie rocks!!